Village Hall hire
Rookley Village hall is available to hire for various activities.
Facilities include wheelchair access and accessible toilets, a kitchen equipped with cooker, fridge microwave dishwasher crockery etc., approximately 70 chairs and 20 tables, electric night storage heaters. There is ample parking. The main room is 20ft x 40ft and has a capacity of 70. There are two large changing rooms with showers and one small "referee's changing room" with toilet and shower.
To enquire about hiring the hall, please contact Sue Willis on 07903 014 543
Terms and Conditions
1. There is absolutely NO SMOKING allowed anywhere in the hall, changing rooms, kitchen or toilet areas.
2. If the hall is not clean and tidy when you enter, please let the bookings advisor (Sue Willis) know as soon as possible.
3. We require all hirers to leave the hall clean and tidy, and in such condition that the next user will find it acceptable. If you have used the kitchen facilities please ensure that the surfaces are wiped over with the anti-bacterial wipes, and that the fridge is empty but still switched on. Please note that the coffee machine is not to be used without prior arrangement. There is a kettle available for hirers use. Please do not use the wall mounted water heater without prior arrangement.
4. Any breakages must be reported and paid for, by arrangement.
5. If you have any doubts about the correct functioning of any of the electrical equipment please let the bookings advisor know.
6. Please follow the enclosed guidance regarding Fire precautions, and what to do if a fire should occur. This includes such things as locating the fire extinguishers and noting how to use them. Locating the fire exits and ensuring that they are accessible. Advising members of your group about these arrangements, and agreeing where to meet if they are evacuated.
7. If someone triggers the emergency pull cord in the disabled toilet (in the main hall), please reset using the code on the noticeboard, and on top of the fire system box (in the main hall).
8. . lf you have young children in your party please take all necessary care to ensure that they are not allowed to use the electrical equipment, or any sharp knives etc in the kitchen cupboards and draws.
CHILDREN ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO BRING THEM AND NOT ROOKLEY VILLAGE
9. Please also check that they are kept away from any stacked tables and chairs which can be found around the edges of the hall. These are normally restrained but if incorrectly stacked by other hall users this may not be the case.
10. As the field is used as a sports field, please ensure that the artificial pitch and any goal posts that are already erected are not used by members of the public, including hirers and others in their group, unless previously arranged. These facilities belong to sports groups and may not be insured for others' use.
11 The play equipment is owned and maintained by the Parish Council and not the responsibility of Rookley Village Association, however, if any damage is noticed please report to our bookings advisor who will pass the complaint on for you.
12. Please note that the hall, toilets, showers, disabled toilet, and referees changing room/toilet are only cleaned once a week. There can be no guarantee that the kitchen and its environs are anything other than superficially clean. It is your responsibility to wipe down any surfaces and wash or otherwise any equipment that belongs to the hall before you commence use. We leave disinfectant wipes and other cleaning materials either under or around the sink area. Please feel free to use them. lf you discover that they have been all used please advise the bookings advisor (Sue Willis 01983 721030), or anyone from the list of useful numbers below.
13. . Electricity use is expensive and we attempt to keep our costs down, and consequently the fees to hirers down, by limiting waste. The heating in the hall is by night storage heaters and an overhead doorway heater. At various times throughout the year these devices are changed according to weather conditions.
14. Likewise, the lights. You will notice around the hall various signs advising you which lights are automatic and will switch themselves off, and which ones need to be turned off by hirers. Whoever opens the hall for you will explain what to do when you leave. If outside lights are left on it also creates a nuisance for our neighbours.
15. All music has to cease at 11.00p.m. and the hall emptied of people at that time. Please leave quietly so as to minimise disruption to our neighbours. Please make sure doors are locking and the double gates padlocked.
16. No alcohol can be sold in these premises without a licence being first obtained. This has to be negotiated with the bookings advisor at the time of booking the hall. It should be noted that generally we do not allow this.
17. No person is allowed UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES to sleep overnight in the hall or the grounds.
18. Cars can be left in the car park overnight if necessary, by prior arrangement.
Download: Terms and Conditions